Thursday, April 16, 2009

Running to the Tomb

If you have enough time read John 20.

Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. John 20:4

It is not a question of whether or not your life is a race. We’re all racing. We’re all running. We’re all go, go, go-ing.

The question is what are we racing to?

Where are YOU running to? Look at the course you are on right now – if you continue on this course, what will be at the end – the finish line, so to speak?

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

The course can be rough, while at other times it can be smooth. It can go uphill and downhill. We can receive from the crowds cheers and jeers. Sometimes it is hard to take even the tiniest of steps. Other times it seems as though someone has picked us up and is carrying us along the way (Way). Sometimes the scenery along the Way is tremendous and wonderful. Other times it moves me to pain and tears. Sometimes the only reason I keep going is because I know there is an empty tomb up ahead (and it’s not just His). Other times I can recognize that in many ways, I’ve already left the empty tomb and living the new life today!

Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to finish the race, knowing that because of you the victory is already mine. In your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment