Monday, February 16, 2009

Needed or Not

It seems very popular these days to "not need God" (though it will be interesting to see if new "needers" arise out of the present economic crisis). But here is a question: do we follow our Lord because we need Him? Or is there another, weightier reason? Whether or not we need God (yes, I admit that I think we do - but I think this is beside the point) is not the reason for following Him the truth that He wants to be our God and He wants us to be His people? Whether I want my sins forgiven or not, whether I want the joy, peace, hope, etc. which He can bring or not, whether I want to "get to heaven" or not - this Creator of ours calls us to Himself - that He may be with us and that we may be with Him. Is this not enough in itself for me to go and to spend my days in His presence?

No comments:

Post a Comment